Sunday, March 6, 2011

My First Homemade Beer Bread....AWESOME!




I found this recipe for beer bread in the USA Weekend March 4-6, 2011 issue from the newspaper. The title caught my attention immediately, "Homemade bread in under an hour" , I definitely had to try it. And so since it turned out really yummy I thought I'd share. The recipe is as follows:




Beer Bread




3 1/2 cups all purpose flour




3 TBS sugar




1 TB baking powder




1 1/2 tsps salt




12 ounces beer




1 egg beaten




Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat over to 375 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add beer and stir with a fork until just combined. Turn dough onto a floured surface;knead quickly to form a ball. Place bread on a baking sheet and slit an X on top with a serrated or very sharp knife. Brush loaf with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.




Per Serving 163 calories
32g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1g dietary fiber, 398 mg sodium



**recipe courtesy of USA Weekend publication

Photos courtesy of ME!



No comments:

Post a Comment