Wednesday, January 5, 2011

OWN: the new Oprah Winfrey Network

Photo Courtesy of SheSpeaks.com and OWN Network


I was invited to get a sneak peak at the New Oprah Winfrey Network OWN by way of a SheSpeaks campaign. OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a multi-platform media company designed to entertain, inform and inspire people to live their best lives. OWN has already made it's way into approximately 80 million homes January 1, 2011 on the current Discovery Health Channel. OWN programming includes original series and specials, all focused on entertaining, informing and inspiring people to live their best lives.

I had the opportunity to view "Your OWN Show: Oprah’s Search for the Next TV Star" , Series Premiere Friday, January 7th 9/8c. Ten contestants compete to be the one to win their own talk show on the OWN Network. I'm already hooked! As I was watching, it reminded me of being similiar to The Apprentice, or Hell's Kitchen. The contestants in this episode broke up into two teams to make up and host a talk show segment which included guest host, Dr. Phil. In the end one person gets elimated by show hosts Carson Daly and Nancy O'Dell, along with Dr. Phil. Of course, they didn't let me see the ending so I'll be definitely tuning in on January 7 to see who will be the first to be eliminated.







For more information about the OWN Network www.Oprah.com/OWN




Disclosure: I was invited to enjoy this sneak peak by SheSpeaks.com, and the OWN Network. Opinions are my own and no form of compensation was received for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment