Thursday, August 25, 2011

I LOVE This Pumpkin But.....

he is of absolutely no use to me since he doesn't work.
 I bought this item yesterday at a store (I won't name names here).  It was on a display with all the other Halloween items.  I thought it was the cutest thing, and there were only three others.  I debated on whether to get it, but I believe if you see something you really like pick it up right then otherwise it will not be there the next time.  Of the three pumpkins, this one was the only "nice looking" one.  All the others had globs of hot glue all over the face and just didn't look nice.  Inside the pumpkin is a battery operated tea light, and before walking away from the table I made sure it had all it's parts.  Between walking through the store, and purchasing it the battery compartment came undone which I didn't know this until I got home.  The cashier wrapped the pumpkin in paper before placing it in the bag.  

When I got home and took it out of the bag this is what I saw.....


Well, I need the bottom of the battery compartment for it to work.  I called the store to see if the backing was anywhere in the checkout area, or somehow they could help me.  I even went so far as to ask if they could take a backing off of one of the other pumpkins and save it for me.  They told me they could not, that I could return this item and purchase another.  I don't want another...I want this pumpkin!!!

My reasoning for this post is that customer service is definitely not what it use to be, where they would go above and beyond to make the customer happy.  I even went so far to call the corporate office to complain, and basically I got the same answer "we will be happy to accept your return"....really??!  But what do I know, I'm just the customer, a customer who may or may not be back.







No comments:

Post a Comment