Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mat Kearney "Young Love" CD Review

Honestly, to tell you the truth I have never heard of Mat Kearney until I received a campaign opportunity from the One2One Network. So immediately before signing up I had to look him up. The first song I heard from him was "Closer To Love" and absolutely fell in love with his voice, it's AMAZING! How the heck did I miss this one??! If you aren't too into the "scene" like me and haven't heard of him you may have heard his past music on television shows such as 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, The Hills, Friday Night Lights, Scrubs, and NCIS to name a few.



So today I'm here to tell you a bit about his third album "Young Love". When I received the CD, it immediately went in the player. I listened to the whole album while surfing the internet. I just loved how upbeat the songs were, found myself dancing a little in my seat. Even heard my son, who is 9yrs, in the background say "nice song" as one was playing. My overall opinion of this album is positive, I can't find anything negative about it. His voice captivated me from the beginning!

Mat's album is available in stores now.




Young Love

1 Hey Mama
2 Ships In The Night
3 Count On Me

4 Sooner Or Later

5 Chasing The Light

6 Learning To Love Again

7 Down

8 She Got The Honey

9 Young Dumb And In Love

10 Rochester
11 Seventeen




To preview the rest of the songs check it out at his itunes page, you'll get a quick peek of the rest of the album!

Mat will be on the road starting in September, below is the list cities and dates. Tickets are on sale NOW

9/14 Jacksonville, FL Murray Hill
9/16 Charleston, SC Music Farm
9/17 Athens, GA GA Theater
9/18 Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle
9/20 Charlottesville, VA Jefferson Theater
9/23 Louisville, KY Headliners
9/24 Cincinnati, OH Bogart's
9/25 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
9/27 Interlochen, MI Corson Aud
9/29 Urbana, IL Canopy Club
9/30 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall
10/1 Des Moines, IA People's Court
10/2 Omaha, NE Sokol Auditorium
10/4 Bloomington, IN Bluebird
10/5 St Louis, MO The Pageant
10/7 Oxford, MS The Lyric
10/8 Pine Mountain, GA Callaway Gardens
10/9 Birmingham, AL Workplay Theatre
10/20 Nashville, TN Cannery
10/23 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
10/24 Baltimore, MD Ram's Head
10/25 Lancaster, PA Chameleon
10/27 Allentown, PA Crocodile Rock
10/28 New York, NY Webster Hall
10/29 Philadelphia, PA Theater of LIving Arts
10/30 Albany, NY Northern Lights
11/1 Northampton, MA Pearl Street
11/2 New Haven, CT Toad's Place
11/4 Boston, MA House of Blues
11/5 Portland, ME State Theatre
11/6 Burlington, VT Higher Ground
11/8 Montreal, QC Petite Campus
11/9 Toronto, ON Opera House
11/11 Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom
11/12 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theater
11/13 Detroit, MI St. Andrews
11/15 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
11/17 Chicago, IL House of Blues 11/19 Madison, WI The Majestic 11/20 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue



To learn more about Mat Kearney visit his official website at http://matkearney.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/matkearney




:**tDisclosure:   I'm a member of One2One Network and was given a copy of the CD "Young Love" for my review and to be entered in the drawing to win one of five $50 GC. Receiving the CD did not alter or change my opinion at all, opinions are my own and yours may differ.




No comments:

Post a Comment